Message from Human Resources
In support of Lookout Mountain Community Services’ principles, values, vision, and mission, it is the Human Resource's mission to support the total operation in meeting its goals. It is our mission to:
- Develop an attitude of teamwork and quality in our day-to-day operations.
- Create an atmosphere which fosters challenges, fun, safety, and cleanliness.
- Respect team members’ values which may be different from our own.
- Accept responsibility for promoting ethical and legal conduct in personal and business practices.
- Communicate in a candid and fair manner with the diverse work force
To provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services which contribute to the attainment of agency and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the Agency;
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment-free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations; providing management and employee training; and developing policies and procedures;
- Recruiting the most qualified employees by ensuring an effective internal interview process; increasing company visibility in the employment marketplace; identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources; and
- Retaining our valued employees by assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.