What is Credentialing?
It is privileges granted for physicians and for treatment staff to provide clinical services based on the individual’s professional license, certification, experience, competence, ability and judgment.
Do all the positions require credentialing?
What is an NPI number?
The NPI number is a unique 10 digit, all-numeric identification number and is intended to replace all legacy identifiers and last for life.
Who is required to obtain an NPI number?
All licensed staff providing services will be required to obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
How do I obtain an NPI number?
To obtain an individual NPI number at no charge follow the steps listed below.
- Visit https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov or call 800.465.3203.
- Choose Type 1 for an individual NPI number.
- Print your confirmation that includes your tracking #.
- Send a copy of your confirmation to Lori Write in the Human Resources Department.
- You will receive your NPI in approximately 15 days or you may request it to be emailed to you. Once you receive your NPI#, please forward to the HR department.
No Initial Appointments Needed. Walk-Ins welcome at any outpatient site between 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Staff Quick Links
Below is a quick resource for LMCS staff.
Employment: 706.638.5580 Ext 4114
Clinical Q&A: 706.638.5580 Ext 4151
Business Q&A: 706.638.5580 Ext 4135
Executive Director: 706.638.5584
Individual Complaints: 844.815.8233
GA Crisis & Access Line: 800.715.4225