April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month, a time to act collectively to raise awareness and empower people across the state to play a role in making great childhoods happen.
April has always been a wonderful time to welcome warmer weather and for Georgia’s communities to acknowledge and celebrate our successes in the essential work of child abuse and neglect prevention.
This year will look a little different. There are some things we will miss…
- Attending your creative and fun Pinwheels for Prevention events, tea parties, family resource fairs, 5K runs and more
- Gathering with our usual partners and visiting those across the state we see less often to catch up and raise awareness
- Seeing Georgia State seniors pose for their graduation pictures with pinwheels in the background
- Gathering at the capitol as the Governor proclaims April as Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month
- Being in the office with each other
But there are many things we look forward to!
Despite the physical distance, we have already seen how resilient, creative, and dedicated you are, adapting to keeping April’s message alive. There is no shortage of news stories and social media feeds showing Georgia communities and agencies coming together to ensure our vulnerable families and children have access to basic necessities, resources, and acts of kindness. Although we may be sheltering in place in our homes, the new urgency to stay connected and support each other represents a new wave of hope to strengthen families and help children thrive. We greatly look forward to connecting with you online for Child Abuse Prevention Month!
For Virtual Child Abuse Prevention Month Activities, visit us online at www.PCAGeorgia.org
Contributed Article: GSU
No Initial Appointments are Needed. Walk-Ins are Welcome at an outpatient site between 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Staff Quick Links
Below is a quick resource for LMCS staff.
Employment: 706.638.5580 Ext 4114
Clinical Q&A: 706.638.5580 Ext 1110
Billing Q&A: 706.638.5580 Ext 4140
Business Q&A: 706.638.5580 Ext 4122
Executive Director: 706.638.5584
Nurse Line: 706.806.1236
Individual Complaints: 844.815.8233
GA Crisis & Access Line: 800.715.4225
TREK Foster Care: 833.675.8735